Saturday, May 22, 2010

Peru #4

I am alive! Its a miracle. I think I ate something that didn't agree with me on Thursday, and I was slightly dehydrated on top of that, so yesterday....I pretty much stayed in bed ALL day and threw up every once in awhile. No shower, nothing productive done, and on top of everything, my internet connection went out in the middle of the day. I've been trying to download the new episode of Grey's (I had to download an entirely new program and learn how to use something called torrents) because Hulu and Abc.com don't stream outside of the US, and I'm about to rip my face off with anticipation. Right now I am sitting in the little dining room area of our hotel, and watching Joseph prepare for his first Spanish Bible study ever! He is so excited about being here, which helps me stay positive when I get homesick. He has a lot more confidence than me when talking to the locals; he's bold enough to talk to all the cab drivers, market vendors, and people on the street we encounter. Ah! The family just arrived here to study the Bible and I'm so excited. Their names are Roberto, Jardin, and Magdalena and I already love them. Joseph is freakin out. More later.
<3
Molly
P.S. I've found that freshly washed towels here smell like doughnuts. Weird.

Later:
Todavia me duele mi estomago mucho ahora (My stomach is still hurting a lot). Joseph and I are listening to the alphabet song.... The alphabet is easy to learn! Speak in rhythm each letter gets a turn! And now we know the Spanish alphabet. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment