Monday, May 16, 2011

Italia: DAY ONE!!

I need to write this stuff down before I crash. I'm trying to stay up til bedtime to get my body clock in sync with the time here. Pardon the succinctness, my body thinks it's 11am and I've been up all night, even though the clocks say it's 6pm.

I was so so nervous to come here. A couple of my fears even came true, including how sick I got on the plane rides and how much pain my ears were in. But I'm so grateful for the amazing peace God granted me throughout the entire process, and I know for a fact that I would have turned around and gone home in frustration without Him. I wouldn't even say my traveling experiences were altogether negative, because even right now, so quickly after it happened, I can see how much it has taught me about myself and how I handle stress. God is growing me in His strength and He only continues to inspire me.

It's best to tell this story in pictures.


We had a SEVEN HOUR layover in Paris. We basically didn't move from this section and all the crazy, stylish European people gave us weird looks. We were all either deliriously laughing our pants off or trying to sleep on the hard floor because for us the layover occurred in the seven hours we would most likely be asleep were we at home.


Sleepin like babies.


First glimpse of Italian countryside!


Making our first trek up the hill to the villa. My calves and thighs are gonna be P90x-level by the time the summer's over.





Finally made it!


And then we had to leave the villa and be bused over to the Bible school cause the villa's being remodeled and they don't have our rooms ready yet. Pictures of our lovely room and my welcome rose coming tomorrow.


Table setting at my first authentic Italian meal!!


View from the villa patio. Let's be real; it's paradise here.


Villa's "backyard"


More view from our patio.


So really that was less of a story and more of a photo album with comments... but I'm dead tired and I have no creative energy (or energy of any sort) left in me. I promise more details later.

Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment